Established in 2001, Echo Park Film Center is a non-profit media arts organization committed to providing underserved communities with equal and affordable access to film/video resources via five channels:
- a community-based micro-cinema
- free and nominal-cost education programs
- a comprehensive not-for-profit retail department
- a green-energy mobile cinema and film school
- a touring film festival showcasing local established and emerging filmmakers
We feel it is imperative that more members of marginalized and underserved communities become active participants in the creation and dissemination of narrative, experimental and documentary film in order to truly reflect the many voices and visions that make up the fabric of contemporary American life. With a special focus on “at risk” youth, Echo Park Film Center strives to provide programs and services that inspire, educate and empower our community through the magic of the moving image.